As you probably already know, antivirus systems does not like obfuscated .exe files and make 'false positive' alerts.
We're testing the game with Kaspersky Free antivirus, so it's guaranteed to work without a hitch. In our opinion, it's one of the best virus protection and it's free.
Q: What obfuscated means?
A: It is the protection how we hide Dragona's source code from shady eyes.
Q: Why alerts some antivirus software?
A: Because it looks like something trying to hide it's real code pattern. In fact it looks like something really messed up.
Q: Could you turn it off?
Q: Which antivirus is problematic?
A: Based on feedback: AVAST, ESET NOD32
Q: What can I do?
A: You have multiple options:
- Download and install antivirus to run the game without problems (we recommend it)
- Entirely disable your AV software. This is not recommended because it makes your system vulnerable.
- Add Dragona's folder to a feature called "whitelist". Most AV software has this feature. Be aware that some of them has multiple whitelists for multiple features so be sure you added game client to all.
- Send a bugreport to your AV software support service, with Dragona.exe file.
Q: I get this error message without any antivirus. What's wrong?
A: Windows Security has incorrectly quarantined the Dragona.exe file.
- Open Windows Security. (Go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security)
- Select Virus & threat protection and then click Protection history.
- In the list of all recent items, filter on Quarantined Items.
- Select Dragona.exe file, and take restore.
- You can add the Dragona.exe file to the Windows Security exclusion list: CLICK TO HOW TO
Virustotal link for the latest Dragona.exe: LINK
If you want to ask for help, do it here.